Window tinting is a smart choice. It offers a lot of advantages for your car, office, or house. Logically, you want to get the longest life and the best out of them if you are going to invest in Window Tinting Sarasota. Though high-quality products are designed to last long, there are also ways you can do to improve the lifespan of your window tint. Here are a few of them:
Dos and Don’ts
- Do ask your installer what cleaning product is ideal to use on your windows.
- Don’t utilize abrasive cleaning products, scrapers, or razor blades on tinted windows.
- Do utilize squeegees and soft cloths to clean tinted windows.
- Do not roll down your windows that have been tinted for several days. This depends on the weather.
- Do clean the exterior car windows as you normally would. The reason for this is that tint is applied to the window’s interior.
- Don’t clean the windows immediately after installation. It requires time to cure.
- Do utilize a chemical cleaner that is safe for window film.
- Don’t utilize ammonia or other harmful chemicals.
How to Clean Your Tinted Windows
Here are several steps on how to clean your tinted windows:
- Place your vehicle in an area that’s shady.
- Open the car’s doors and search for heavily filthy portions on the windows.
- Wipe down every window using a soft cloth and an ammonia-free cleaner.
- Use a tiny squeegee and wipe the remaining moisture from the window. You should begin from the top and slowly move down.
- Wipe using a towel if there is moisture near the edges of the tinted film.
After you’ve completed all of the steps above, you should walk around your vehicle to ensure that there are no streaks on the windows. To ensure that the entire cleaning residue is eliminated from the glass, you may have to move your vehicle back into the sunlight and sit inside.
Tips in Cleaning Your Window Tint
When cleaning your tinted windows, there are a few tips that you can take. Here are some of them:
- To wipe the window down and leave it sparkling clean, you can utilize a Mr. Clean sponge and water.
- In gently wiping down the window, use a soft microfiber cloth. Make sure you wipe it in one direction.
- Using warm water with a single drop of dish soap works excellent.
- You have to ensure that the tinted film isn’t damaged before cleaning it.
In addition to that, you have to be cautious around the edge of the tint when cleaning your tinted windows. When wiping down the windows, you do not want to catch the edge. If this happens, it will start to peel away from the window.
Furthermore, when cleaning tinted windows, it is better to utilize soft cloths rather than paper towels.
Cleaning Products and Solutions
Water or a mild cleaning agent is the best cleaning solution to use. Do not utilize products that contain ammonia since it will damage and discolor the window tint.