Building a fence needs a lot of budgeting and planning. Of course, as a homeowner, you want to save as much money as you can. If you’ve got a tight budget and want to build a fence, don’t worry. We are here to help.
Here are several things you have to know to save money when buying a fence.
Warnings and Considerations
- Before hiring a fencing company, get at least 3 written estimates. This will offer you a better idea of the expenses of labor and materials.
- Before you make a decision on fencing, you should inspect your property first.
- A professional Fence Company Wilmington NC should be able to show you with a precise timeframe to help you get a sensible idea of labor expenses.
- In almost every occasion, fence installation includes 3 phases. This includes digging post holes, installation of the post, and fence installation. So, you have to know the time frame it will take for a professional to finish every task.
- When choosing the ideal type of fencing materials, you should consider the primary goal of installing a fence. While you might want to cut expenses, it is crucial to also think about other aspects. This includes maintenance.
- The cost of installing a fence depends greatly on the size and shape of your yard.
- Your location greatly influences the cost of the fence. But, nationally, the average cost for installing a new fence is around $1,000 up to $4,500.
Perhaps the largest aspect involved in the cost of fence installation is the labor cost. While the average fee for a fence installation runs around $25 up to $60/hour, particular conditions can increase the total cost.
- For instance, it can add to the fence installation cost if your contractor has to acquire requirements or city permits for a homeowner’s association. Thus, to lower labor expenses, it is best if you do these tasks.
- The price can greatly increase if your yard has a lot of abnormal obstructions, trees, or other pre-existing structures.
- Fence installation can be more costly if you’ve got steep slopes on your yard, or if you’ve got several places that are hard to access.
The cost of having a fence installed is affected by several factors. The type of fencing material is one of the main factors.
- For instance, wrought iron or aluminum is the most expensive fencing material. For those who don’t know, they can cost around $40/square foot.
- Vinyl fencing is lightweight. It can cost around $5 up to $13/square foot. It can be installed easily. However, it isn’t as appropriate for security purposes as metal fencing. The installation cost of a vinyl fence is around $25/square foot.
- A wood fence typically costs around $4 up to $10/square foot. However, the cost of installing a wood fence can differ. There are several factors that affect it. This includes decorative details, height, and wood type.
- The cheapest material is probably a chain link fencing. The cost runs around $4 up to $6 per square foot.